Disclaimer

All information, content, and materials available on this blog are for general informational purposes only. Information on this blog may not constitute the most up-to-date information. This blog contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser.

Search This Blog

Saturday 14 September 2013

TEMPERAMENT TEST



OBJECTIVE:    To help you identify your basic strengths and weaknesses. To bring more of God’s "fruit" to your life. To further understand your strengths in order to maximize your potential. Moreover, to enhance your ability to understand and communicate with others.

DEFINITIONS

CHARACTER:   "The real you. The hidden man / woman of the heart." It is the sum total of your training, education, attitudes, beliefs, principles and motivation. It is that which flows out of the "spirit being."

TEMPERAMENT:   The combination of inborn traits that subconsciously affect human behaviour. It provides each human being with distinguishing qualities of uniqueness that makes him / her individually different from his / her fellow being. It includes both strengths and weaknesses.

PERSONALITY:   The outward expression of ourselves. This may or may not be like character, depending on how genuine we are. It is the "face" we show others. A well-developed, godly personality will be the true expression of a solid character combined with a temperament "tempered" with the "fruit of the Holy Spirit" (Galatians 5:22-23).

KEY POINTS

1)    No person is a single temperament. Usually a person is predominately one temperament. However, there are varying degrees of temperaments.

 

2)    The idea of presenting the four types of temperaments is NOT to analyze others. This can be very demoralizing.

 

3)    This study is designed for self-analysis ONLY, and to help us become more understanding of the natural strengths and weaknesses of others.


THE FOUR BASIC TEMPERAMENTS

 

THE EXTROVERTS:

1.      Sanguine

2.      Choleric

 

THE INTROVERTS:

3.      Phlegmatic

4.      Melancholic

 

THE EXTROVERT
Somebody who is sociable, self-confident, and uninhibited when with other people.

                         
THE INTROVERT
Somebody who tends to be more interested in his or her own feelings and thoughts than in other people and the outside world.


There are twelve major combinations of temperaments one can have:


TEMPERAMENT TEST − KNOW YOURSELF

Below is an inventory of 80 statements which are clustered in pairs. Please select the number next to the statement which is most typical of you. There are no wrong answers. Make your choice as spontaneous as possible. Remember, only ONE item of each pair is to be selected so that you should have forty (40) items checked at the conclusion of the test.


Select appropriate check box þ below.


1.    People say I am very friendly.

2.    I like to lead people.


3.    I have only a few close friends.

4.    Life is a pleasant experience.


5.    I am a natural born leader.

6.    I don’t give easily.


7.    I don’t share my possessions easily.

8.    I make friends easily.


9.    I enjoy life!

10.  It’s hard for me to make close friends.


11.   I am a perfectionist.

12.   I express my anger easily.


13.     I am moody (sometimes high, sometimes low).

14.     Decisions make me nervous.


15.      I find it easy to criticize people.

16.      I sometimes add to the facts when telling a story.


17.      I have an explosive temper.

18.      I like things done right.


19.      I find it hard to make decisions.

20.      I don’t sympathize easily with others.


21.      I am easy-going.

22.      I have ups and downs a lot.


23.      I tend to exaggerate a lot.

24.      I don’t easily loose my cool.


25.      I am not very dependable.

26.      I make decisions quickly.


27.   I have a lot of self-discipline.

28.   I sometimes seek revenge.


29.    I have a tendency to be cold and unsympathetic.

30.    People don’t depend on me for much.


31.    I am decisive.

32.    Sometimes people don’t understand my jokes.


33.  I have a dry sense of humour.

34.  I am not good at planning my time.


35.  I tend to be lazy.

36.  I accomplish a lot.


37.   I am disorganized.

38.   I see faults in others right away.


39.   I tend to be a spectator.

40.   I am very meticulous.


41.   I find it hard to be forgiving.

42.   I tend to see the negative sides of everything.


43.  I am very productive.

44.  People sometimes ask me to lower my voice.


45.   Sometimes I am told I speak too loudly.

46.   I am not highly motivated.


47.   I tend to be negative and pessimistic.

48.   I like to watch sports but seldom get involved.


49.     I don’t have lots of drive.

50.     Talking is as natural as breathing for me.


51.   I have lots of patience.

52.   I am a brave person.


53.    I love to talk.

54.    I like sharing my opinion.


55.     I don’t really enjoy parties.

56.     I go about things optimistic.


57. I am an enthusiastic person.

58. I don’t like crowds.


59.    People tell me I have great courage.

60.    I tend to lack motivation.


61.  I am very opinionated.

62.  Making friends is a real challenge.


63. I require lots of sleep.

64. I enjoy creative arts and craft.


65.   I tend to domineer.

66.   I rarely find something I don’t like.


67.   I don’t make friends easily.

68.   I like to feel in control of things.


69. I am good at music, art or some other craft.

70. I don’t mind waiting for things.


71.   I love almost everybody.

72.   I don’t do well when I’m tired.


73.  I am very confident.

74.  I don’t have much energy.


75.   I often think people are against me.

76.   I like to give every chance I get.


77.     I am generous with my money.

78.     I feel confident in front of a crowd.


79.   I often feel tired.

80.   I feel like people don’t like me sometimes.


INSTRUCTIONS:

I.   Select the number you have chosen in the paired items above from the corresponding check boxes below. Each selected item has been recorded on the four (4) scales reproduced below. In other words, if items 1, 4, 6, and 9 have been selected above, the same numbers on the four scales should be checked below.

II.  N.B. In the text box following each temperament, write the total number of checked boxes for each category. Maximum = 20 for any one category. The number of checked boxes for each category indicates the varying degrees of temperament strengths and weaknesses per person, i.e. from the strongest to the weakest temperament(s).

     

1

8

9

16

23

25

30

34

37

44

45

50

53

56

57

66

71

76

77

Sanguine = enter total number of individual checked boxes here                                                      

2

5

12

17

20

26

28

29

31

36

41

43

52

54

59

61

65

68

73

78

Choleric = enter total number of individual checked boxes here
 

6

7

14

19

21

24

32

33

35

39

46

48

49

51

60

63

70

72

74

79

Phlegmatic = enter total number of individual checked boxes here

3

10

11

13

15

18

22

27

38

40

42

47

55

58

62

64

67

69

75

80

Melancholic = enter total number of individual checked boxes here

Which temperament(s) and spiritual gift(s)/abilities do you possess?




NINE STEPS TO ADJUSTING TO OTHER TEMPERAMENTS


1.     Admit to yourself that you are not perfect [Gal. 3: 3; Phil. 3: 9-12; 2Tim. 3: 16-17].

2.     Accept the fact that others have weaknesses [Rom. 3: 23; Matt. 6: 12-15; 18: 21-22].

3.     Concentrate on appreciating the strengths of others [1Cor. 12; Eph. 4].

4.     Pray for each other’s weaknesses [Rom. 14; 15: 1-8; Jm. 5: 13-16; 19-20; 1Thess. 5: 14-17].

5.     Apologize when you are wrong [Acts 22: 1-5; 26: 9-12; 1Tim. 1: 12-17].

6.     Verbalize your love [Jn. 13: 34-35; 1Jn. 3: 10; 14; 18-20; 4: 7-8; 16-21].

7.     Accept each other’s temperament(s) and work with it / them. "Esteem others as better than ourselves" [Phil. 2: 3; Gal. 6: 1-3].

8.     Expect God to change you and to change others [Eph. 4: 20-32; Gal. 5: 16-26; Col. 3: 5-17].

9.     Be open with God and with others (secrets have a power of their own, which can imprison your mind) [Rom. 2: 16; Heb. 4: 15-16; 1Pet. 5: 7].


CONCLUSION:
In short, man’s basic image of himself is a composite of attitudes that develop in his mind from his earliest days. His parents (caretakers) were his first source of knowledge about himself. The more loving and consistent their attitudes toward him, the more positive and stable his image(s) of himself became. If as a child, however, his physical, psychosocial (soul), and spiritual needs were met only minimally, if at all, the images of himself then, were unstable; fluctuating between self-hate and self-doubt on the one hand, and self-exaltation and self-aggrandizement on the other hand. Additionally, secrets have a power over your life, which can imprison you. The less you have to hide, the more you are free to disclose about yourself.

OOW
2007

No comments:

Post a Comment